A shared space for everyone regardless of a person’s age, race, religion or ability
The Portland Community Garden believes in building a stronger, healthier, empowered Portland Community.
More than just growing amazing produce, the garden is a fantastic focal point of people sharing skills and making real connections.
You don’t need to be a gardener to be a member: Simply someone who cares about our community and the environment.
Benefits of membership
- Right to vote at AGM
- Right to nominate for board membership
- Discounts on garden materials (EG: Bulk purchases)
- Discounts on plants that are grown on site as the PCG develops hot houses and plant nurseries for member use
- Right to garden beds as they are developed and made available at board discression
- Discounted opportunities to go on trips to other gardens and events
- Access to water and compost at no additional cost ( subject to change by the PCG Board without notice)
Along with the benefits and rights associated with paid membership of the Portland Community Garden, each member agrees to participate in whatever way they can to the good management and the ongoing maintenance of the Portland Community Garden.